Mr Benjamin Wei – MBBS, PhD, FRACS - Visiting Medical Specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Melbourne.
Doctor of Philosophy in Otolaryngology, University of Melbourne.
FRACS - Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. Royal Australasia College of Surgeons
Diploma of Advanced Skull Base Surgery and Neurotology. University of North Carolina USA.
- Fellow of Royal Australasia College of Surgeons in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck surgery
- Consultant ENT surgeon at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital and the Ballarat Based hospital
- The Garnett Passe and Rodney Williams Memorial Foundation Scholar
- Honorary Fellow – the Bionic Institute
- Honorary Fellow -The Department of Otolaryngology. The University of Melbourne
Honours and Awards:
- 2011 The Hugh Johnston Travel Grant for US Fellowship (Royal Australasian College of Surgeons )
- 2008 Premier's Award for Health & Medical Research (Recognition for the outstanding contribution made to Medical Research) "Pneumococcal meningitis post cochlear implantation: risk assessment and prevention"
- 2008 Top 100 most influential people in the state of Victoria (Newspaper Age - Melbourne Magazine)
- 2008 Finalist - Sir Edward Hughes Memorial Research prize in surgery (oral presentation)
- 2006 American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation and Association for Research in Otolaryngology (AAO-HNSF/ARO) Research Award "Pneumococcal Meningitis Post cochlear Implantation"
- 2006 Poster Prize at Frontiers in Otorhinolaryngology 2006.
- Melbourne Abroad Travelling Scholarships (MATS) 2006.
- The Garnett Passe and Rodney Williams Memorial Foundation Scholarship in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 2004-2006.
- The Wagstaff Fellowship, Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital; NIH-NIDCD-N01-DC-3-1005; the Bionic Ear Institute; and the Department of Otolaryngology, University of Melbourne; the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council